Akron Pregnancy Services is a Christian, non-profit, non-political, social service agency. Established in July 1984, APS is a diverse blend of professional staff and hundreds of dedicated volunteers who facilitate the agency’s services. Our purpose is to help those facing unplanned pregnancy, parenting and life-style-related decisions, leading them from the initial pregnancy testing appointment into a healthy, practical understanding of life and living.
VISION STATEMENT: Akron Pregnancy Services, a refuge where women and men are free to choose life.
MISSION STATEMENT: Championing God’s Design for Life.
rather than the reward for them.
APS is governed by a board of trustees and managed by an Executive Director.
All of our services are provided free of charge and confidentially to the public without prejudice.
Funding is provided by donations from individuals, businesses, churches and foundations. APS does not receive government funding.
APS is a 501(c)3 agency making all donations tax deductible. The Agency is accountable to its supporters through its long-standing membership in the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA).
APS is not a medical facility and does not make referral for abortions.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three per-sons; Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential, and that this salvation is received through faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and not as a result of good works.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christ enabled to live a godly life and to perform good works.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Kathy Specht is our new Chief Executive Officer
It probably comes as no surprise to hear that our ministry is growing. Explosively! Over the past two years, we’ve successfully merged Pregnancy Choices with Akron Pregnancy Services and followed that up by launching Eva Women’s Clinic in both Canton and Akron! This has meant even more babies saved and lives changed for eternity. We’re so grateful for your commitment to life, and trust that you share our excitement about what God has in store for the days ahead.
As we prayed about an emerging leader who could oversee the ministry as a whole and provide guidance in taking us to the next level, only one name came to mind—Kathy Specht.
Kathy’s volunteer service as a member of our board has spanned nearly twelve years, including two separate terms as board chair. It was under her chairmanship that the merger and clinic openings have taken place. Kathy has had a bird’s eye view of our recent expansion and understands
For these reasons, we are thrilled to announce that Kathy has accepted the position of Chief Executive Officer.
“I’m looking forward to this new opportunity,” said Kathy, “and to working with Executive Directors Debra Martin and Janet Paul as well as the entire staff.”
With a business degree from Malone University, Kathy brings both experience and a giftedness for growing ministries, having overseen numerous church plantings in her former position as Director of Operations at her home church, RiverTree, and through Kingdom Synergy Partnerships. Kathy is indeed uniquely qualified to increase our footprint, and save more pre-born babies, than ever before.
God has blessed this ministry in ways we scarcely could have imagined. We now find ourselves poised for further growth, ready to take these life-saving, life affirming measures to the next level, seeking opportunities to add new locations to our Northeast Ohio alliance.
Please join us in welcoming Kathy into her new role as CEO and continue to keep her—and our ministry as a whole—in prayer.
Mike Nichols, Board of Directors