Akron Pregnancy Services is a Christian, non-profit, non-political, social service agency. Established in July 1984, APS is a diverse blend of professional staff and hundreds of dedicated volunteers who facilitate the agency’s services. Our purpose is to help those facing unplanned pregnancy, parenting and life-style-related decisions, leading them from the initial pregnancy testing appointment into a healthy, practical understanding of life and living.
VISION STATEMENT: Akron Pregnancy Services, a refuge where women and men are free to choose life.
MISSION STATEMENT: Championing God’s Design for Life.
rather than the reward for them.
APS is governed by a board of trustees and managed by an Executive Director.
All of our services are provided free of charge and confidentially to the public without prejudice.
Funding is provided by donations from individuals, businesses, churches and foundations. APS does not receive government funding.
APS is a 501(c)3 agency making all donations tax deductible. The Agency is accountable to its supporters through its long-standing membership in the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA).
APS is not a medical facility and does not make referral for abortions.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three per-sons; Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential, and that this salvation is received through faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and not as a result of good works.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christ enabled to live a godly life and to perform good works.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.